I have come fresh off the bus from a wonderful mini holiday in London over a 5 day weekend – I wasn’t fasting so will be making them up in the winter days. I have a couple of posts that will be directly related to my time there, including a Lush Oxford Street Haul and my experience watching the previews of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child!!! Long story short, it was amazing. So before I go back to work, I wanted to write a blog post with a super quick update and a spontaneous post on random facts about me. I hope you have a blast reading it (or scrolling through) and I’ll go onto my randomness!
- I am a snob when it comes to films and to some extent TV shows. Studying film has made me cynical about what’s good and what’s not.
- Besides Game of Thrones, I have started watching the Sopranos (so no spoilers!). HBO know how to make great TV shows – The Wire is totally worth the hype.
- My absolute favourite YouTube channel is Funhaus. They are a gaming channel part of Rooster Teeth (we have a society at my university and I am the secretary for the next academic year) and I have been watching them for about 3 years now, quite religiously might I add.
- I love anything Barbecue flavoured. I am the type of person to dip BBQ pizza in BBQ sauce. The Pringles Texas BBQ is the holy grail of crisps for me. I will go through so many which is why I’ll never be slim.
- As mentioned in a previous post, I purchase products when I am sad and that could be makeup related, films or books. I think the most recent spontaneous purchase is Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Blush fragrance.
- I am a child of divorce from a very young age so I have gone through the phase of hating both of my parents but lately I have been trying to mend things with them and one of the main reasons could be because I technically don’t live at home anymore.
- The current book that I am reading is The Magical Art of Tidying as recommended by Lily Pebbles. I hope that now I am home from London and before I go Leicester home for Eid, I will reshape my life and room because I hate hoarding things (one thing that frustrates me about my mum).
- Since I was 15, I go through phases of insomnia for about a week which then stresses me out and I don’t sleep until it’s daylight. Last year in halls, I found a playlist on YouTube and saved on Spotify that has really helped me sleep when I am exhausted but not being able to. Here’s the link if you want to check it out.
- My favourite Disney characters are Tinkerbell and Mulan. I like Tinkerbell because I relate to her with how short tempered she is but I really admire her ambitions after struggling to accept that she is a tinker, and a great one too! I love Mulan because she saved China and if that doesn’t describe female empowerment then I don’t know what is.
- Despite being a meat eater, I actually want to go cruelty free with my makeup. There is a website called cruelty free kitty if you want to check it out. I do want to cut down so if anyone has any tips, I am always up for suggestions!
- I am not one of those people who have a 5 year plan or anything like that – so I don’t have a specific age to be married by or where I should be in my career. All I know is that I am hoping to graduate in 2018 because that’s how long my degree is.
- I don’t like anything coconut flavoured (unless it’s Korma or coconut water) but I love the smell of coconut in products. My favourite is Salted Coconut hand scrub by Lush, obvs.
- I have been saying I’m 5″6 but I may be wrong. I don’t think that’s tall and I am not one of those girls who require a minimum 6 feet for my future partner(s).
- I have 9 piercings in total but I really want to make it double digits so I am currently deciding what new piercing I want – I have been getting a new piercing(s) every year since I was 15. That being said, the two piercings I would love to get are a septum and snake bite piercing. However, there are various factors against it and a lot consist of the Asian community.
- I used to be quite confident without wearing makeup but now I can’t leave the house without wearing makeup. It’s a never ending cycle of having bad skin because of makeup but have to wear makeup because of bad skin. I have been using the Clinique 3 step skincare routine but honestly it’s made my skin worse because it’s too chemical-ly. After this weekend, I will be going back to Lush products especially with Angels on Bare Skin.
I was making these up as I went along watching a really built up YouTube playlist so I hope this weekend, I will be writing my London related posts as well as continuing my YouTube Made Me Buy It series. Until next time, have a wonderful day!